The theme of ‘Best Practice Deserved’ is the national campaign focus of BPD Awareness week 2019.
We know there are exceptional, researched and evidence-based practice guidelines for the management of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) in Australia. The ‘Best Practice Deserved’ campaign acknowledges this, and uses a strength-based approach to embed these guidelines and other evidence-based practices into the treatment structures of services working with people living with BPD. We believe that best practice care changes the narrative around Borderline Personality Disorder and highlights the high rate of recovery from this complex mental health issue.
We truly believe that education leads to understanding. With understanding, comes compassion, and compassion leads to empathy. We believe once people truly know the facts about BPD and see the complex human beings behind it that this will decrease stigma and end discrimination.
The campaign was designed using co-design and co-production principles, which means that the users design the product with the support of the designer.
The campaign highlights facts taken directly from The Clinical Practice Guideline for the management of Borderline Personality Disorder, in an accessible way. It aims to be informative and educational. The campaign also uses the strong voice of lived experience - promoting recovery, positivity and hope.
The resources developed for the 2019 campaign include:
• Infographics – Quick facts taken from clinical practice guidelines
• Quotes and Lived Experience – The voices of lived experience, carers and clinicians
• Service support – posters to show clients you support people with BPD
• Shareable social media graphics - cover pictures, instagram images, etc.
• A purpose designed website - stories and art work from lived experience, facts and free downloadable resources.
For more information, go to: www.bpdawareness.com.au
If you or your organisation are interested in being a part of the 2019 campaign, please send an email to Karen.